Welcome to TravelMedical.com
Many people are shocked to find out that their primary health insurance does not cover them during international travel. If you become sick or injured while traveling abroad and don’t have Travel Medical Insurance the financial responsibility for the necessary medical care will most likely fall on you. With Travel Medical Insurance you can protect yourself from the unexpected while traveling abroad. Benefits include coverage for medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, medical translation services, life insurance benefits and more.
For over 30 years we’ve been assisting vacationers, students studying abroad, corporate travelers, missionaries and extreme sports enthusiasts find the best International Travel Medical Insurance to fit their traveling needs. If you have any questions regarding Travel Medical Insurance, contact us or
get a free Travel Medical Insurance Quote now.
Did You Know:
- You have a 50% to 70% possibility of becoming ill while traveling to less developed countries.
- More countries are requiring proof of travel medical insurance than ever before.
- The average cost of an emergency medical evacuation is more than $50,000.
- In some countries, hospitals refuse to treat patients without a guarantee of payment.
- Motor vehicle accidents and drowning are the most common cause of death in travelers age 55 and younger.
- Primary health insurance often does not cover medical expenses when abroad.
"Health Issues", U.S. Department of State, http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/health/health_4971.html
"Overview of Travelers Health," http://www.travmed.com/health_guide/ch1.htm
“Tips for Traveling Abroad” U.S. Department of State, http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/tips_1232.html
Why Should I Be Concerned About Medical Coverage Abroad” U.S. Department of State, http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1470.html
"What is Travel Medical Insurance?" WiseGeek, http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-travel-medical-insurance.htm